Saturday, April 3, 2010

Sonogram info

Today we had our ultrasound, I am 28 weeks and 3 days. It was so bittersweet to see our baby on the monitor. She is a mover and made it difficult for the poor ultrasound tech to get measurements. It's so difficult to look at Olivia on a screen, see how everything is so perfectly developed but this one major defect will only allow her to live such a short time. I feel like we are missing out on so much. I know how blessed I am to have 2 beautiful healthy children but I just want my baby too!

It was wonderful to get the pictures from the ultrasound since we do not know if we will have this opportunity again. As suspected, I do have extra fluid. Olivia is a chubby little baby but a full month behind on development. My cervix is starting to shorten but we were not told if I have dilated more (which probably explains our little trip to the hospital this week!)

Tonight I am emotionally drained so I will keep this posting short. Tomorrow is Easter, I will enjoy this time with the girls and our families. I am looking forward to church in the morning where we can be surrounded by the knowledge that Jesus died for us and rose again! God bless everyone and this special holiday with your families and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment