Thursday, March 18, 2010

Nice surprise today!

I was sent a message earlier in the week from a friend, Malissa, that said she wanted me to stop by because she had something for me. I had no idea what it could be and when I asked, because I am a huge surprise spoiler, she told me she really did not want to tell me. I was lucky to catch up with her today since she is in the middle of moving (with an army of kids!)

When I got to her apartment, she had a wonderful pink blanket with "Olivia" stitched on it. Under the name Olivia is a picture of a little angel girl, sitting on a cloud and praying. It is absolutely perfect!

This was such a nice, unexpected gift. I have not been able to bring myself to buy anything yet and I really think it will help me to get the things I want to have for her. Thank you Malissa, that was so thoughtful and appreciated!

2 comments:

  1. I happened to read your comment on "Bring the Rain". If you are looking for a blog that will give you insight into the world of having a baby born with anencephaly, go to www.ouryoungfam.com

    Mary writes beautifully and with such honesty and clarity. It might be hard for you to read but she might provide you some solace in knowing that what you are feeling now or when you give birth to your daughter is normal and that you are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Wendy, I have looked at Mary's blog and see so many feelings that I have already felt. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete